View Single Post
Old August 31, 2007, 04:57 AM
MichaelRoss

Default This is like EMMA all over again, almost...

Dien-Gordon,

Thanks.

This reminds me of EMMA - remember?

Know what we learned from that Project?

That "Multiple Forums" confuse people and in the end, only one gets the posts while the others Flounder. Posts that would have made the one forum even more valuable are lost in the nether-regions of the unread forums. Depriving the main forum of its value, and not adding value to the forum which hangs on by a very thin thread.

Multiple forums Can work. But I've not seen one work in the Business, Make Money, Entrepreneur field. I have seen them work in the Help field - software help, computer glitch help, etc.

Simon Latouche once said every message could have its own Forum. And thought Proves this to be the case. However, the thing is how long - what life span - such forums have.

With one forum, there is no Choice to be made about Which forum to post on. Add a choice and you add a reason not to post - too darn hard to figure where to post, so don't post.

For mine, I'd prefer to keep the wide variety of subjects on the one forum - even the OFFLINE stuff. But that's me. Other's may be different.

Oh, the name "International Farmer's Market" is misleading and not intrinsic. Makes it sound like a Market for Dirt Farmers and not whatever other Metaphors you choose. Maybe an Adjective between International and Farmer's could remove some confusion.

For what it's worth.

Michael Ross