View Single Post
Old August 14, 2019, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Default There are lots of good ideas out here in the wilderness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Gordon,

You have said more clearly than I ever could what it takes to move ahead. Your idea of using a ship to provide help, training, food, and the rest is brilliant !

Too bad our people in Washington don't bother to listen to "common" folk.

Shout as we might, yell, kick and scream. We can't be heard. TODAY, right now, one of my favorite sayings comes from a popular book of the 50's; NONE DARE CALL IT TREASON.

The saying it comes from is, "treason doth not prosper, for if it prospers, none dare call it treason". Everyone should read Denny Hatch's current blog post, and see the brilliant letter with the headline:

WILL YOU VOTE TO CONTINUE CODDLING THE RUSSIANS?

Irony? Funny thing? Today, it is the Christian Right who has found a huge brotherhood in the alleged 70% of Russians they claim are Christians (and white ones at that!).

No, treason does not prosper, but politicians across the aisle do.

Using old ships both Navy, Merchant Marine, even Great Lakes ore haulers, for things like housing the homeless or feeding large numbers of people.

And that boneyard of planes, with some pretty good steel on them, or believe it or don't, a lot of TRAIN CARS sitting in their own junk yards.

Creating sustainable farms, in mostly underground green houses with giant rotating beds (think big pizza/bakery ovens)...mostly below permafrost, with shiny mirrors of light, and growing, and using windmills for the power.

Not like there isn't thousands of acres in the Dakotas, Wyoming, heck the old mines are there, put an inflatable roof over them and grow baby grow.

I know a guy who works on the machinery of a AMAZON warehouse, where the smallest ones are a paltry 700,000 square feet, and yes, a lot of robots hard at work, but even robbie needs repairs now and then (like the Tin man needed oil).

We don't lack for ideas. We lack leadership.

And it goes back to every single face you see on so called News, or Opinion shows are GETTING THEIRS, and speaking for an American I don't know.

When I was a kid, hating to visit one of my uncle's farms, if there was a WHINER in the bunch, it was me, the low man on the totem, picking those damn tomatoes and corn by hand. Never mind the baling of the hay (it wasn't the bailing, it was slinging them onto the bed),

So, what small voice platform I do have, and SowPub is about as small a bread box as one can find, I'm not going to whine.

I give my ideas of what could be done. Channel a little Bobby K. "see things as they could be", and turn off the idiots on TV (only bigger one is ME having the darn thing on and not watching Glow, Stranger Things or GOT).

Give people meaningful activity, a reason to DO and A reason to be a good citizen and fewer reasons to reach for the AK/AR bump stock 'hunntin' rifles.

Gordon

PS. Another idea. Reward fitness and health. SMOKERS COST this country billions. Give up the tobacco, get a free nat pass and a pair of nikes.

Give up the doritos, cheetos, fritos and candy bars...get a sugar free pan fried cookie. Now this last part is really treasonous, isn't it?