View Single Post
Old November 27, 2000, 06:20 PM
Dien Rice

Default Times of change.... good or bad? And what does the President have to do with this?

Hi Julie! :)

I remember reading a true story about this.... I wish I could remember more details, so I could look it up and post about it more specifically....

Anyhow, it goes something like this.... It was during one of the various recessions the country goes through....

Well, during one of these recession times, business was slowing down.... One of the sales people was lamenting how now, there wasn't enough work to do....

But the boss said something different.... The boss said, no, now there's MORE work to do! We have to make even MORE effort to get out there and get customers! While everyone else is winding down, we have to push harder!

Apparently this company went on to be VERY successful.... If I remember more details (they've slipped my mind right now), I'll post them.... :)

This could also be a good attitude for the slow times...

Competitions and other promotional methods could be a good way to do this....

I just got the book, "101 Ways to Promote Yourself" by Raleigh Pinskey.... She goes through HEAPS of promotional things you can do... I can tell that this will be one of my standard reference works in the future, for my future activities.... :)

I've read that there are two ways of viewing change....

Some view change as a terrible thing. "Now, what do we do? Everything is changing...."

But others realize that times of change are in reality, times of great OPPORTUNITY.... Those who grab the opportunity are those who do really well.... :)

Of course, it's easier said than done, but at least by being aware of this I think you can give yourself a head start....

I have to add as a caveat that I'm reasonably new to this too.... So my advice should be taken with that caveat....

Well.... Those are my views.... Any others? :)

Dien

P.S. I think we'll find confidence returning in many places now that it looks like we'll know who's going to be President... Joe Sugarman's theory is that the President is like a father figure.... When the father figure is flawed or weak, it weakens our confidence too.... And when we don't even know who it is, it must be worse!