View Single Post
Old September 13, 2012, 12:27 PM
Administrator

Default Operation Santa Claus...and who am I to they/them.

OPERATION
Santa Claus

Believe it or don't. Gov't operation to track all Internet/Phone activity. It sees you when you're sleeping, it knows when you are awake.
Be good for goodness sake. Nuff said.

Join me. OR DON'T.

I've started a revolution. Wrote about it some time ago.

Went to Google. Bing. Yahoo. MSN. Searched for pre-natal vitamins. Diapers. Formula. Cribs. Took about 10 minutes.

Turned off my AVG tracker while doing this, I wanted all the cookies I could get.

So, here's my FUN 15 minutes a day.

Everywhere I go, but especially at YouTube and Facebook...I'm served up ads.

From companies who have SPENT MONEY to be placed in front of the most valued market anywhere...a pregnant woman. GOLD. Platinum target.

I click on the ads, go to site, fill up shopping cart and let it sit for the time I'm online. Then when I'm done, I abandon the cart at the far end of the parking lot, so to speak.

Only a few times a day, BUT, I want these customers and providers like Google and Facebook to take a small hit. Sure, very small.

But in the spirit of Arlo Guthrie and Alice's Restaurant, imagine if only 1,000 people a day did this. NO, think big. IMAGUNE one million people a day hitting the same web site, say TARGET for example because they collect more data on you than Uncle Santa does...

Imagine one million people a day filling up TARGET shopping carts full of diapers and formula and then leaving the cart in the isle.

How effective would this INTRUSIVE advertising be? Oh, it's just a revolution of one...

for now.

Respectfully,

Gordina the 27 year old pregnant woman

PS First lesson on computers I got in 1969 was....

Garbage IN- Garbage OUT GIGO keep it in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
For those concerned about your movements on the internet being tracked...

I added this free program to all my browsers yesterday afternoon and at this point the program has blocked 819 attempts at tracking my movements using Firefox, and 3 in IE (I seldom use IE anymore and only visited one site using it since installing the program).

If you are interested the link for it is http://www.donottrackplus.com

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this program in any way, nor am I endorsing it...you can judge if it is beneficial to you.

Hint: To install in more than one browser you need to open each browser and download and install through the open browser.