View Single Post
Old April 14, 2007, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: I understand what you're saying but...

You might want to understand the reasons of others who ARE offended especially if what is said CAN be construed as offensive. I'm saying this from one intellectual to another. (Not to start an argument or pick a fight.)

For the most part, we ALL insult or make fun of each other to have a few laughs. But it's usually done in a private manner and with people who know our intentions. However, should you move to a more public forum and say the very same things, they are (or can be) interpreted differently. I'm sure you understand the point I'm making here. Because you know that as much as you trade friendly insults with your Mexican friends, you're smart enough to know that in certain situations you wouldn't dare say those things - for obvious reasons.

By the way, I'm similar to you in that I don't get offended very easily at all -- especially with words. But I do understand that some things can be offensive to some people whether I agree with it or not. And therefore, I'm careful not to pass judgment on the offended.