View Single Post
Old September 15, 2003, 09:12 PM
Dien Rice

Default Thanks Karol... Here are some profit-making lessons in there which I had since forgotten

Hi Karol,

I'm glad you liked it and found it useful. :)

I re-read it over myself. There are several things in there - which I had written about - which I'm not doing enough of myself. I had forgotten some of the lessons...

In particular, I'm not doing enough outsourcing! When you read over Cameron's story - you realize, intelligent outsourcing will increase your profits.

You can still be successful without outsourcing - but you can be more successful if you outsource. That's one of the lessons!

Perhaps a way to think about it is this. If you believe some activity you are doing is profitable (or contributes to your profits) - then it makes sense that having someone else do that same activity for you will probably be profitable too. That's probably a good mind-set to have. :)

Back when I wrote that, in 2000, I didn't have money to pay anyone else, even part-time. I did have my savings and investments - but I was using it to support myself while I built up my business. However, now the situation is different - so I better start taking some of my own advice. ;)

Thanks to Joe Makowski for asking about those posts... Re-reading them helped me to remember some important lessons I had forgotten! I hope many Sowpub readers are finding them beneficial too....

By the way - to everyone reading this - you can also read about these kinds of "big" success stories in The Great Ideas Letter too, though usually they are over a longer time period. It's practical money-making information - to stimulate your brain. Here's where to find more info...

http://www.sowpub.com/greatideas/
http://www.sowpub.com/greatideasvol1/

- Dien Rice

> Hi Dien,

> That was a very interesting read.

> Definitely got my brain churning out some
> new ideas.

> That's also what I like about The Great
> Ideas Letter. :)

> Thanks!

> Karol

The Great Ideas Letter