View Single Post
Old November 16, 2008, 03:44 PM
L.B. Jenkins

Default Re: Do The Rich Owe the Poor?

Before I comment, I am not rich but I am one who reads and thinks and weighs out the issues.

When it comes to the whole argument about the rich not paying their fair share in taxes, I would like to know what you are measuring that by. Before you comment consider the following:

It is the rich that assume the greatest risk in business, not the poor or middle class. Would you want to assume their risks?

It is the rich that employ the poor and middle class and pay half or more of each employee's taxes. Would you want them to stop doing this and you be responsible for paying all of your employment taxes?

It is the rich that provide the most jobs, expand their businesses to create even more jobs. Would you want them to stop doing this?

It is the rich that everyone looks to for a hand out, not the poor or middle class. Would you prefer the poor or middle class look to you for a hand out?

It is the rich that everyone complains about, but depends on the most.

Since the rich are providing the most jobs, to the poor and middle class, why is it that the poor and middle class employees do not want to take responsibility for their actions and will not do their jobs with professionalism and continually provide poor customer service?

Why is it that the poor and middle class want to live like the rich, have what the rich have, but are not willing to become rich so they can become like the rich?

Getting back to the original poster's question. "Do The Rich Owe The Poor?"

Nobody owes anybody anything. Each individual owes it to himself, his family, his neighbors and his country to be diligent and be the very best they can. That is what makes for a prosperous union for all.

The moment you take your eyes off your goal and start looking around at what so & so isn't doing, or why that business isn't paying their fair share, then you have lost the race for success.

Those who succeed focus on the goal they're striving for. If more people spent more time pushing on and ignored the dogmas that drag us down, we wouldn't have near the complaining that idle people seem to thrive on.

Last edited by L.B. Jenkins : November 16, 2008 at 03:55 PM.