View Single Post
Old January 11, 2007, 09:49 PM
Jason

Default Re: Repeat purchase vs. One sale only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Mark,

Perhaps I should have picked a better example. Washing machines? How often do people buy a new washing machine?

While you may not purchase a washer or dryer every year or two, there are several people who may purchase several per year.

Perhaps if I were in the large appliance business, I would focus my energy on folks that MAYBE would purchase several units per year.

Maybe I would put a promo package together for a few of the nations top home builders to use my discounted washer and dryers as a promo tool to get folks to purchse the homes they just built.

Or maybe contact some of the top producing Realtors in the area and ofer them a similar promo package.

Even if you are selling one time purchases like a casket, you can step up to help guarantee repeat sales.

If I were selling caskets, I would try to think of a way to get repeat sales, while not from the same person but from the same family anyhow.

Off of the top of my head.......

How about offering a family crest that would be built/carved/inlaid into the casket.
Obviously, I would be the only one with the mold/pattern and if another family member in the future wanted it, they would need to buy a casket from me.
Sure would help make my job a bit easier, and over time I may even be able to quit looking for work and it would start finding me as I have made it almost impossible to get the goods elsewhere.

It makes no diff what biz you are in, it is always cheaper to maintain your current customer than it is to obtain a new one.

Jason