View Single Post
Old February 17, 2022, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default Fly Low and Collect the Dough.

Thanks to friend Bob Beckman, I adopted the ABOVE THE FRAY and UNDER THE RADAR philosophy, which is Fly Low and Collect the Dough.

What we see online today are millions of talking, dancing heads, some people striking it rich with all that (small % of overall)...and a lot of prancing, preening and look at me and my cars, mansions, yachts and big bank statements.

Good for them. Wish them all, continued success.

Maybe we've always lived in a PAY ATTENTION TO ME society, but before the Internet, we didn't have to. Now, it is hard to go anywhere online without someone yelling at you to SEE them.

I can't look at one more talking head. Man, woman, dog or cat. NO!

Today, more than ever, I appreciate my OFF line pursuits, and even the old cash in the mailbox stuff, all of which is done sans attention.

Noise.

MORE noise. Until it is hard to hear anything other than the hype. The idea that any given person is living a grander life than another, well, it is philosophical after all, right?

Mother Teresa vs. Donald Trump, who had the grander existence?

The conundrum for many of us marketers is how to attract the RIGHT kind of attention, that of a BUYER who wishes to transfer some moolah to our accounts.

And ONE answer has been PERSONALITY. Be someone. Someone KNOWN, looked at, tons of eyeballs upon and parlay that into money. It works.

So today's question is: HOW much fame, how known do you need to be? What is your want for recognition and for many online ventures, it is more about having people LOOK at you, rather than giving you money.

As you want, of course.

But ME? I will continue to soar beneath the high voltage wires and above the noise of the Internet.

YOU??

Gordon