View Single Post
Old October 13, 2019, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Please correct me if I am wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpinkpanther View Post
Thanks for sharing, Gordon. This is an enlightening thread

By the way, I don't know much about Google Calendar.

With that said, let's say you have 50 instructors, each with his own unique class. Also, let's assume the master calendar will be under your direct control, right?

Please clarify:

How will the calendar help you quickly track all the scheduled classes/enrollments (for accountability)?

The calendar is accessible to all instructors, who can schedule a class on their own, depending on how many people they have, the co-op place could have several classes at the same time, and having overflow space, we should be able host several at the same time.

I think they need a 4 to 6 week schedule, or a post at least 4 weeks before the class. Also, there should be a minimum, set by the instructor, number of people per class. IF it is an on demand, and only one is needed, I don't see a problem, we can host that easily.

One thing I'm learning from the other Learning Annexes and Brainery is what is popular, what people want, what they sign up for quickly.

It is up to the instructor to offer classes of interest, if someone has some arcane or little known thing where is little to no demand, then the instructor is on the hook for that.

I plan on having a HANDS OFF approach to this. Which is why the calendar is the key. And having people who use these, with a heck of a lot more than 50 (one guy has 1600 using Google Calendar), it will, hopefully work.

Good questions, thanks.

Gordon