View Single Post
Old September 22, 2011, 11:22 PM
Bozo

Default More on craigslist

Not only do a lot of craigslisters not know how to post pictures, a whole lot more of them don't realize that craigslist allows html. The list of allowed tags and some basic examples can be found here:
http://www.craigslist.org/about/help...list_postings/

You can also post pictures in the body of your ad, by hosting the pictures elsewhere. Not all of the free picture hosting services allow you to link to your pictures, but many do. Your pictures can be clickable links as well, if posted in the body of your ad.

This information led to my discovery that craigslist ads can be tracked. It requires that your picture hosting service makes stats available to you. I post a tiny picture and then can check it's stats to tell how many times that craigslist ad was viewed.

I think the same is true here.

I'll know soon enough.

Any pic I post is one I took. I use smugmug for picture hosting. I got in early with them and they leave my $25/yr alone when they raise their prices. $25/yr is free in my book. They provide stats for galleries and for individual pictures. Handy!

Here's one of my craigslist ads where you can see pictures within the body of the ad. What you can do, and how I learned how to do this, is right click on the ad, select "View Source" and save or print the page. You can do that with any page to discover how something is done. I will take something useful from a page, and save it away as text so I can copy and paste later. I can't remember how to do this stuff, but I can copy and paste.