View Single Post
Old June 4, 2015, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default Put yourself around successful people and learn...

In the thread below, re: Joe Karbo, you'll read that both myself and Don Alm have put ourselves in the presence and company of successes.

It has to be a conscious decision, they aren't going to knock on your door and ask, Whatsssup?

I love the mailorder guys and direct response marketers because I've been involved since I was 15 and it is an awesome model for the lone wolf or small potatoes guy who wants to fly low and collect the dough.

But, you should meet your area's successes too.

Burt Morgan, co-founder of one and founder of another Fortune 500 companies probably makes most of our mentors look like small potatoes. To be a Fortune 500 Co. in the days of manufacturing was a
big deal. Today, Internet Co can get on pretty quickly.

Burt left millions of dollars to a foundation and circulated millions of dollars through our area. And he was a delight to lunch with, built a restaurant in his bank just so he didn't have to leave the building.

His Concepts Development Co. still exists anf provides guidance for Entrepreneurs.

Ed Barr was a serial Entrepreneur who owned restaurants, retail stores, a stable and race track, and many natural gas wells and oil wells on Ohio. He used to bake strudel with me in one of his restaurants.

The point is, if you want to meet successful people, go out of your way to do so. As Don and I discovered, if you make the effort, they reciprocate with their time and share their knowledge.

Make a list of people you would like to meet and take action, being around success is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Even those no longer with us, get to know them through the work they left behind.

I share Elton John's thought on Marilyn Monroe, "would of liked to known you, but I was just a kid"...

So take some time to meet with those you would like to know.

Gordon