View Single Post
Old April 14, 2017, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Default Part 4.

The people.

If the first three posts were the A, then this is the B.

I won't get into the types, or what you call them. But a big part of Harvey's evaluation process involves the people he would have to work with.

Let me use Mark Cuban on Shark Tank for this example. There were times when Cuban showed some interest in the investment, but declined because he said, "I couldn't work with you."

Harvey is EXTREMELY cautious about the people he deals with, and I think you should be too.

There are times, when most of us, have gone against our guts and worked with someone we just "knew" we shouldn't.

Harvey doesn't do this. He has, in his mind 3 or 4 types of people, he only works with Number ONES. Twos, threes and fours don't get much of his time.

In some cases, that requires a lot of discipline, especially if you get overly excited about your opportunity. You want it to work, your "partner" wants it to work, you seem to be in synch, then you find out there is more in play than you realized.

Harvey avoids this by adhering to very strict principles of the types of people he won't work with.

So, as part of his PROCESS for evaluating opportunity is the WHO. And he is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say it is the number one thing on his list. Someone as experienced as he is can spot the leaks in the bucket easy enough.

He can see where the vicious dogs are lurking on Elm St. That comes with experience, but people are often a gut decision. No clear cut ways to evaluate a person, and you don't want to be on the wrong side of that error.

IF your project involves working with other people, especially if you are dependent on them doing their job, then you must fully and carfully do some sort of a vetting process.

Thinking the idea through. A.

Working with the right people. B.

Gordon