View Single Post
Old May 17, 2019, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Default Mark Manson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Great post!

Is this the key, believing the mansion exists? And perhaps, even believing there is a path there... And that they are able to travel it?

Self-doubt can kill a lot of things...

I think people are also afraid of looking like a fool...

Maybe they had an auntie who would tell them, "I told you not to try to join the soccer team. I told you that you would fail. You were rejected, and now you look like an idiot."

That kind of experience could kill your success for life!

"Why try?" they say.

Sometimes, it's an advantage not to care what other people think. Who cares what they think? What do they know?

Anyway, that's the way I look at things...

Of course, I do care what people think - but not too much. I feel that's been an advantage for me!

(And for many others...)

Should we be encouraging people not to care what others think?

Just something I ought to ponder myself...

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Richard Feynman was a physicist, who had many adventures. They often picture him playing the bongos.

He wrote two books of his adventures... "Surely You're Joking, Mr Feynman"... and the second volume was, "What Do You Care What Other People Think?"

They're both fun to read! But... he truly didn't care what other people thought. I think that's a good attitude to have! (Certainly makes life more interesting...)

Thanks Dien, very good stuff. This guy was right on target. An updated spin on his who cares...is Mark Manson, and his bestseller...

THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A F*CK

He is, in my opinion, one of the best voices out there, and because of his depth of reading and experience.

But here is the problem. With both Manson and Feynman (and Gordon and Dien{we should be a duo, singing Austrialian Folk Music, very off key of course}) when it comes to ignoring what others think...

we CAN'T. Not really, and when it has been hammered into our young minds, especially before 7 or 8 years of age, the brain circuitry is hard wired and those subconscious programs are our operating system.

So what happens, when people want to believe in the Mansion, in the possibility of what their life COULD be, if only...in their dreams, wishes and goals...is;

They DEFAULT to this deeply ingrained path of neural activity which triggers the self defeating behavior.

See, you are right, BELIEF is the answer, often and most of the time, but getting to belief as seen on the POA, first action point, BEFORE the back and forth inside the POA on its way to the top, the result, the Mansion manifest is

the first and oft biggest hurdle.

Because OF what is already inside your brain put there when it was NOT within your control.

But through KNOWLEDGE and AWARENESS, and understanding, these early childhood programs can be overwritten, as the SQ1 shows, by our being aware of them. And then doing what is required to change.

Often it isn't a trigger of BELIEF, or I can...but sometimes it might be a gnawing shame, or self disappointment when we become aware of our NOT fulfilling our potential. It was never a question of "I don't think I can", but all too often it is "I'm not".

The student just getting by, knows and may even believe he can do, or be...but the call to action may come from a negative feeling of being less than. Make sense?

In all the studies, and I'm big on Blair Warren, Cult Psychology, Persuasion and Covert Influence...one of the most focused on 'WEAPONS' of influence, or tools for the less violent...

is the need/want/desire to BELONG. And when one has an inner concept of not belonging, due to childhood input, they become prey for those who know, understand and use the weapons upon them.

The Mansion, MY metaphor, is different from other LOA teachers, who would have one cut out pictures of what they want, and then try to manifest THAT REALITY, whereas Your Mansion Over the Hill, has everything already in it, no need to see the details, but to experience the feelings of ownership first.

Or the View from the Rooftop or the bottom and top of the POA OR the time down the lifeline on the SQ1. All the same thing. The goal (mansion) realized through movement {effort/action} in the direction of it.

Meaningful activity, constantly adjusted as one nears the tip of the POA.

Thanks Dien, I'm going to read those books ASAP. Sounds like my kind of a guy.

GordonJ