View Single Post
Old October 7, 2019, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Designing a class 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Just for clarification. In the Excel examples, $150 is for the entire class, even if the class is say, four sessions?

Or is this for a multi-hour workshop?

Yeah, each market is different and testing price is a factor.

I like the concept... just getting details straight in my head...

This looks like a REAL, VALUABLE, WINNER.

As you said... Could be a SLVER MINE for me.

Thanks Gordon !

Millard, for these things, New Horizons Computer Training centers is the model I follow. One day, 9 to 5, lunch and breaks in the day, four parts.

New Horizons charges 295 for theirs.
ONLC, online gets 295 for theirs.
Certstaffix is 335
U of Akron, does offer a class for 139, however, you must register 15 days before the class and they are scheduled approx one a month at each of their satellite locations. A good price, INCONVENIENT.

I can match that 139 with an ON DEMAND class, and get someone just as qualified to teach it.

Here is U of A Fall Catalog for this sort of training.

https://bit.ly/2MowmCI

Note also, they offer test prep. Again, many people available to teach and where there are multiple sessions, the instructor can schedule that time on the calendar too. I have a couple of "rent on demand" locations too, in case it takes off and need more room. I'm talking to a local club, which has a full kitchen, about renting it out for larger classes and training, there are times when the members just don't use it (I think a lot of these clubs; Italian, Eagles, Moose, etc., have dwindling memberships and most in my area have their sites paid for) and these could hold dozens of people too.

But I want to start and EMPHASIZE, the short little half day, or 2 hour class, where people get in and get out. Down the street is a Catholic Church, they have a great MODEL, pack em in 8, 10, 12...and then rent out the place the rest of the time. Weddings, Funerals, events.

I like the idea of getting a few people in every couple of hours for MY workshops, but each instructor will design their own class.

Yes, check local prices, I'm on top of Northeast Ohio and what it has to offer and have put a considerable amount of time into the research. It looks promising.

Please, keep the questions coming, it helps me analyze my thinking too, maybe I have overlooked something.

Gordon