View Single Post
Old January 20, 2023, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Default Maybe. But...

You future pocket computer(formerly cell)...lets call him HAL.

Will scan the waitress, use facial recognition, pull up all of her social media, identify the jewelry, and in this case, ID exactly what it is, so by the time she gets back to the table, Glenn knows what it is, can then carry on the convo with what seems to be like mind reading ability, and HAL will mention some of her fav songs, movies, likes, etc. He would know as much about Kimetso, his sister, and his love interest Kanao (all courtesy of current AI, aka Google).

When facial recognition is tied to all the data we have put out there, these types of encounters would be fairly routine.

Public records, social media, Internet use, schools, grades, where we lived, how much we made year by year, ALL of the DATA of a lifetime, can be quickly compiled and "computed" and spit out questions and surprises which will have all of our RAS' on stand down.

HAL is here. AI is here. They ain't going away. If you think copywriting is manipulation of emotions, just wait until AI has the data and your hot buttons will be easily pushed.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Glenn,

Thanks for sharing your story about Tonjiro the Demon-Slayer!

Clearly you found one of the waitress's "hot buttons"... She was "advertising" it on her neck, but you had to ask (and even bribe her) to really understand... But wow, was it worth it!

I love this story!

I've been delving into Artificial Intelligence, what it can do, and its limitations...

I'm pretty sure that A.I. would NEVER be able to do this!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : January 22, 2023 at 12:53 PM. Reason: fixed formatting