View Single Post
Old April 26, 2017, 03:20 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpinkpanther View Post
This really got me thinking.
Hi,

Yeah, when I found out about Chase Revel/John Burke and the real founding of Entrepreneur magazine, I was stunned!

One thing many people don't realize is that Entrepreneur magazine has a trademark on the word "Entrepreneur", and has been very litigious in suing any small business using that word...!

(Yes, it's affected me... My first commercial website had the word "Entrepreneur" in the domain name... But I think because I was based outside the US, I escaped any great harm...)

I noticed they don't seem to go after the big guys, though, the ones with money. Just the little ones.

I believe in respecting trademarks, but I do believe Entrepreneur magazine oversteps the mark. (It's as if "Apple" started suing any companies selling ripe red fruit and calling them "apples", because they own the trademark "Apple.") I think that's why Entrepreneur magazine don't go after any of the "big guys" though, as they'd be more likely to lose...

Entrepreneur Magazine – Trademark Bully?
http://lizerbramlaw.com/2013/07/11/e...ademark-bully/

(By the way, I also once got a "cease and desist" from Enterprise Rent-a-Car, again because of a domain name/website I had... But I got them to back down. Such is the game of business! It helps to get an education in how the law works, to understand precedent and case law, etc... I'm self-taught...)

Best wishes,

Dien