View Single Post
Old May 21, 2003, 01:04 PM
Lawrence

Default No matter how good the flier is - human nature always prevails

A well written flier can pull better than one that's not, but the 1 to 3 percent response rate is due to human nature.

Inspite of the inital interest and intention to follow through or get to it later, most people get busy and forget to do so. That's just the way it is!

I tried several different fliers offering curb address painting and the response difference was only 1 or 2 percent and usually within that 1 to 3 percent response range. There was a time or two when I would get 4 or 5 percent and a time or two when I would get nothing at all.

When I started to knock on doors to offer the service in the same areas where fliers had been distributed, I was surprised at the response.

I would often hear: "Thanks for stopping by, I wanted to order from the flier, but just forgot and I really do want this done".

My response rate when doing fliers AND knocking on doors rose to the 10% to 15% range - not bad.

Now I work a system I developed where I only knock on doors with no fliers at all and average a solid, consistent 60% response and often higher.
And that translates into around $300 a day anytime I want!

It's truely amazing what can be done with something as seemingly simple and basic as curb address painting when a proven system is followed and it's run like a business.

Lawrence