View Single Post
Old September 16, 2003, 01:38 PM
Rick Smith

Default Re: I think this answers it....

Boyd -

I did some testing for Karol on earlier versions of MyDigitalDelivery. (Still haven't installed the latest version - but I will soon.)

It was pretty easy to install and use and Karol got the changes and bug fixes implemented pretty quickly. In short, I would recommend it.

> The transaction is as secure as any normal
> PayPal transaction, would that be right? And
> your script is protected on the server as
> much as possible, correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong Karol, but my understanding was that MyDigitalDelivery was actually *more* secure than a normal PayPal transaction because most transactions don't use the IPN feature whereas MyDigitalDelivery does use it.

> Could I look at a sales page for a product
> being sold using the "choose your
> price" method?

You can visit http://www.tarheelmama.com to see how I'm using it for my wife's e-book. You better check it out quickly though because I will soon be changing the whole letter including the "choose your own price" feature. We're going to a fixed price for now but that has *nothing* to do with MyDigitalDelivery. (In fact, what we may do is test a "choose your own price" scheme against a fixed price scheme at some point in the future.) In any case, you're welcome to see how we implemented it there.

Rick Smith, "The Net Guerrilla"