View Single Post
Old August 14, 2019, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default OH Millard, have you sent me on a RANT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
You hit the nail on the head when you said we need more JOB CREATORS.

The vast majority of Americans are WORKERS. Most folks don't want to risk their hard-earned cash to try out an idea or two. I'd rather try out something, and if it doesn't work, try out something else... over and over, with a winner here and there.... than be in the same job, day after day.

However, sometimes, in-between winners, I have had to work jobs I hated... just to keep cash flow going. As a creator, this memory of working at things I have hated helps me to focus on creating more or finding people I can consult to help them build a bigger business.

These talking heads need to be in a grocery store bagging groceries or serving food at a diner for at least a week to get a real feel for the public.

The Greatest Untapped American Resource is...

The giving spirit of its people. Easy to see after Dayton, El Paso, Walmart...when lines form to give blood to victims and an outpouring of sympathy, money, help.

But tapping into this wonderfully American attribute goes against devisive Politics. Divide and conquer.

What do I have to offer? Well, I have to bring back a decades old, which can be found in the Archives.

It is simple, costs almost nothing, and is what America needs, but won't get.

Give people something to do, a worthy cause.

Tap into that giving spirit, not only in times of tragedy, disasters and idiocy and give America a chore.

John Kennedy gave us the Moon. And America gave him the resources to get there.

First. Which means destroying a lot of little Social Worker/Welfare FIEFDOMS, is uniting and combing what resources and assets we have in force already.

Second. Schools. My model suggests schools like we had in the Navy. I went to an 8 week cooking school. The same thing in the civilian world could turn out help, workers, even professionals for the Restaurant/Hospitality industries.

Third. INCUBATORS. Give the Entrepreneurs a place to take their ideas, test and find those that work, without forcing them to take a job in between. The ARTS have apprentice and intern and PATRON type programs, where there could be a live in artist on site for a year.

Why not give the JOB creators the same thing? A chance.

Fourth. Use existing resources. I've been talking for 20 years here about putting the Navy's "mothball fleet" to good use. Take the JFK (CV67) to Baltimore, plug it in....INSTANT LOCATION which can feed 5k people four times a day.

Below decks where the planes once were housed, is a three story building which could house the homeless. There could be classrooms, and work ops, it could be the central location in Baltimore to go for assistance. Combine all the existing foodbanks, social services, etc. into a ONE STOP place where people can be trained, housed, fed, and turned into PRODUCTIVE assets.

One problem with welfare mothers, who have to go through some training and get child care. It is almost impossible. But, give that mother a small house (mobile) for 6 months, while she learns a new skill, let her be near her children where she can visit several times a day, know they will be cared for, FED, and have medical attention.

Baltimore is rich in hospitals and medical schools. Get doctors, nurses, students, hospitals and organizations to give a little. Can a doctor give ONE day a year to come on board and look at the medical needs of people?

Can a student nurse get credit for her time, like teachers get credit for doing their student teaching in the classroom?

But, a plan likes this, calls for cooperation. Joint Efforts. Bringing people together. Not good for politics is it?

The reality is: white people of means are running this country, but they lack the interest of Americans at heart. They pay lip service to the People, but they are more concerned with maintaining power than anything else.

Feel free to argue with me, I'm up for it.

I did AmeriCorps (as did one of my kids). AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, good ideas, are out there.

Do gooders abound. WE want to help our neighbors, we want to have a purpose and we are NOT as selfish as the TV talking heads make us out to be.

We do care. But, before any of the things on my list, comes an examination of your thinking, and why it is the way it is and whether or not you need to make an intervention.

Gordon