View Single Post
Old April 9, 2015, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Default Making money is great, but it is only a part of life.

Thanks Darren,

Over the last 15 years Dien and I both have had health concerns, me with 2 heart attacks and a myriad of other things, and Dien with diabetes and respiratory problems, so we know the importance HEALTH plays in running a business.

When my kids were younger, no amount of money could keep me away from a play or activity my kids were in, I even dragged Dien to one of my kid's plays; Peter Pan (she was Tinkerbell).

Today, we both examine opportunity with a keen eye on ABSENTEE or limited involvement, let the younger guys make those cold calls, been there and done that.

Re: routines. Improperly structured, they could become ruts, which are the beginnings of a grave,

set up routines you can do, look for ways to improve your time spent on mundane activity.

I don't use cards, they would quickly get scattered across the room, but I do use white boards, have 5 on the wall and three by my side, and they keep me focused on the task at hand.

I've always been a "when it is time to work, WORK!" and when it is play time, leave work out of it.

But quality work and play time both depend on good health and energy, which has become more of our focus in recent years.

Thanks, we are more than just all about a buck here.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornatoz View Post
I just want to thank everyone for sharing such a simple yet powerful Routines

Powerful Quote by John Palma "person A would have eaten 365 candy bars - and person B would have eaten 365 apples after 1 year ! "

Takes small DAILY steps (actions)
Stays focused
Has energy

I guess that's what I like about this forum - not just business advice but constant self-improvement from you guys (moderators) - spending time on business, spending family time with my wife and kids, etc.

Thanks much,
Darren.