View Single Post
Old October 8, 2008, 12:50 AM
MichaelRoss

Default Smoothies needn't be bland...

"I also suspect that Michael Ross is big on eating raw food but he doesn’t boast about it.
Am I right about that Michael?

I think yhe easiest cooked meal to replace is Breakfast. Instead of bacon, eggs and ham or coffee and donuts enjoy a delicious and nutritious “Green Smoothie”."

Correct Steve. Also have one day a week where all I have is home juiced juice. Drink it 50-50 diluted with water.

I agree that the Easiest way to start is with breakfast. And as an Alternative to a smoothie, see if you could eat... one apple, one orange, half a rockmelon/cantaloupe and a handfull of nuts (or mix of say, Goji berries and raw unroasted almonds).

Keep that up for a week, with just a raw or smoothie breakfast, before making another change - such as changing what you eat for lunch. This way, the change is slow, gradual and not so much a shock to the junk-craving-system.

Smoothies.

With smoothies, understand that your liquid base does NOT have to be water. It could be a herbal tea. Such as Pau d'Arco, or a Rooibos & Rosehip & Hibiscus blend. Throw in a banana, some goji berries, cranberries too, a bit of maca powder, some spirulina if you want that. A squeeze of lemon/lime juice, some raw almonds or other nut. Raw cocao too. (And for the even more adventurous and not turned nauseous by the smell/texture/taste, a tea spoon of coconut oil into the blend) Then don't just guzzle down. Take a mouth full and give it a chew before swallowing.

Bon Appétit

Now scuze me while I grab a cucumber to munch on...

Michael Ross