View Single Post
Old December 16, 2018, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Default Never a bad time, unless one gets stupid like I did this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I could be wrong, but (like many others), I believe we're on the brink of a world recession...

The stock market this year has tumbled, and has LOST money over the last year.

IF it's true, that means people will be WANTING to sell (to get in some cash), and WANTING to buy cheap (to save some money)...

I think it could be good times for chatteling...!

Not a bad time to get back in the game!

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Some people make good money during recessions... I know a guy who's positively gleeful about the prospect of a recession. It may sound harsh, but if you're a hard-nosed realist, you can make good money in bad times...

You are right. Chatteling does even better in harder times, but it never has had a recession in the last 50 years.

Unless you get stupid, as I did this past year. How? Well, Mr. "Fly Low and Collect the Dough" got hit with foreign dollar signs over his head, and chomping at the bit to "help" a group of people with tons of money to spend, all for a worthy cause, decided to fly a bit higher than normal.

Blah, blah, blah, but bottom line is, I violated my own self imposed rules for buying and selling and for doing business in areas I have no business working in. One such area is INTERNATIONAL buying and selling of corporate chattel.

Lesson learned. Only cost me time, which is the most valuable thing I have, so it hurt.

But someone reminded me, local is never bad. And local for me is Northeast Ohio, a never ending stream of chatteling profits right at my finger tips, and without fanfare, making a lot of noise, dealing with all kinds of nonsense...

I am looking forward to 2019 and buying and selling. If any of you watched my old videos on the local "networks" markets I did, you saw the clock shop downtown. Here is a link to the auction being held this week:

https://www.kikoauctions.com/?nav=auctions&details=9203

I've got my eye on a couple of pieces. Auctions, yard sales, estate sales, going out of business sales, etc., etc., are opportunities to pocket some fast cash IF...

if YOU HAVE YOUR BUYERS NETWORKS SET UP.

Jim Straw once wrote about having buyers, and he made the point that often sellers are buyers.

But I'll bet there will be plenty of "time piece" enthusiasts at the auction, trying to score anything from a Grandfather clock to a junked pocket watch.

And probably the most important thing to note, is this auction will attract BUYERS, so I may add several great leads to a network, whom I know have money to spend, and will tell me what they want.

Maybe YOU will find something in your neck of the woods, and we both can profit. Which is why I'M BUYING, and offering FINDER'S FEES too.

Gordon