View Single Post
Old October 26, 2019, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default When you do get a chance to call, I'll tell you about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickC View Post
Very true Gordon. I've changed my way of thinking over the years, and how I approach things. I try to keep my eyes open all the time (but I still miss things).

It's amazing what people throw away or just want to "get rid of" in order to organize their life. I don't dumpster dive much, but I do look. And I do find things that are valuable on many occasions.

Then there are people who ASK me to take things off their hands, straight from their home. They will give away shoes (worn once, if at all) in order to clean their house. The shoes have been under a bed collecting dust for a long time. Clothes that still have tags on them that they no longer fit into, people just want you to take it off their hands. Very easy to clean up and resell. I've offered to give something, but many insist on just getting rid of things. Saves them a trip to Goodwill.

It's all around us. A lot of treasures. Fly low and collect the dough, plus following the Flea Market Flipper, have definitely helped change my habits. And if you can learn how to do freight shipping, a whole new world opens up, and the profits too. It's not too hard.

I don't visit Sowpub as much as I used to, but I like to check in every so often. This site definitely helped me over the years with ideas that I would have never thought of myself, and how to think differently.

Take care,

Rick

The little known CASH COWS known as circulars or big mails. AND a brand new thing, that NO one else knows about, could be a little time spent goldmine for one of the boys.

Gordon