View Single Post
Old November 12, 2020, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Default Sorry, I missed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Gordon,

You got me thinking with the admonition to write for yourself and the "one" reader you want to throw nickels at you.

Say you want to have someone throw nickels at you.... In this day and age do we still just put up a webpage.... or post to Facebook... or use twitter... or even just look for groups (I have had a little bit of success with that) ?

I would think you would have to test everything to see what works the best.

In my case, with all the materials I have created in the show business arena, I tested in a couple of groups in Facebook and made 1 significant sale.

So here is to testing, I think.

Oh, missed this first read...I have an answer, which is usually a lot more questions.

Millard, sure, testing will be good. I'm more of a make a sale guy, then figure it out from there. With the low cost of having a website, I don't see how it could hurt you. Same with a Facebook Group, twitter, or any social media.

The problem, for me. is they require TIME to keep them active. Now if POTUS has time to tweet everyday, then surely those of us less busy could find a few hours in between watching TV and playing golf to do it too.

In your case, and this is purely conjecture on my part, maybe a little sleight of mind...but, I think the APPROACH would do you well. In other words, your interruption (my windmill) might take on a different way than most magician/entertainer sites.

Instead of promoting the craft, or getting gigs, or even being paid...here are a few ideas off the top of my head.

For Parents. HELP YOUR CHILD'S LEARNING, SELF-ESTEEM AND CONFIDENCE THROUGH MAGIC... How magic can help your child build a brilliant future.

OR Magic Kit helps your child gain confidence and teaches them how to influence others and win friends.

That sort of thing.

For adults, you would present your material NOT as magic/entertainment...but as SELF IMPROVEMENT.

How many others are teaching magic/entertaining as a means of building up a solid self image, confidence with people, practical influence and make some coin while doing it?

Instead of PAYING and BUYING for your self improvement (an evergreen HUGE market)...get PAID to develop life improving skills which will last a lifetime...

Hope you see the difference, and of course, you'd TEST both presentations, and keep improving the winner.

Gordon