Thread: I will survive!
View Single Post
Old November 22, 2000, 03:13 PM
Dien Rice

Default Low budget promotion techniques....

Hi Donna,

I also believe you have the right attitude for success.... :)

Here are some ideas for very low budget promotion tactics....

* Post on forums where you think people who would buy your products would be.... Make sure they are relevant and you are taking part in the discussion! Then leave a link.... I like this way of promotion, because you are giving as well as taking.... :)

* Start a regular ezine on your web site. This way you "capture" people who come to your web site.... That is, you can continue to contact them. However, make sure your ezine is worth reading.... (Sowpub will be - finally - getting our ezine going soon....)

* Start a discussion forum. However, it can take time (I speak with the voice of experience!)

* Try to get yourself listed on search engines under good key words. However, it is not always easy to get a good ranking and can be quite competitive....

* Submit your web site to as many relevant online directories as you can find (eg. Yahoo!, Looksmart, and other smaller directories)....

* Press releases. I haven't done this myself yet, but it is probably the technique with the greatest promotion potential.... As they say: "Dog bites man" -- that's not news. "Man bites dog" -- now that's news!

I hope that's a good start.... Any others?

Dien Rice