View Single Post
Old September 24, 2017, 09:19 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Thanks Gordon, for the reminder...! Why I never want to retire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
GOLF.

Or just about anything. This just happens to be the name of a report I wrote years ago, and it details how to set up a net in your backyard, and get people to pay you for golf lessons. I used a video analysis, a FREE thing, to get initial customers in my golf business.

Many years ago I visited Mike McGroarty at his home, some might remember we even made a guerrilla video from his kitchen table...and Mike was making his dough selling 4 buck plants in his driveway he grew in his backyard.

Well, with golf, I did have people over, but mostly, I met them at the range.

Likewise with my Sat. morn. workshops, we meet at the library. Today, you want to keep your home safe and limit strangers.

But there are still some good safe work at home or teach from home opportunities too. You just need the know how.

OR, like some coaches are doing, you could set up programs at local schools for your golf and tennis instruction and serve as an after school baby sitting program too. Most schools have some sort of a stay at school program, setting up coaching programs is just taking advantage of a captive audience.

I'm dusting off some of those programs from the days right before the Internet and WWW, maybe the Parade of Life has come around and with some updates, may find a new and ready to buy audience.

Do you have some old work which hasn't seen the light of day in awhile? Might be time to get it off the shelf and into circulation.
Hi Gordon,

I have a number of things I need to bring back into circulation...

My productivity seems to be back up... Partly due to health (new medication, which is working well), and partly due to new techniques I'm using...

I'm looking forward to getting as much done as possible (while still enjoying life)...

Which reminds me...

Many years ago, I was talking with a friend of mine. He was wondering, why does Richard Branson still work? He thought, with all his billions of dollars, he should be living life on a beach somewhere, sipping pina coladas all day...

In fact, he was a bit angry, that Richard Branson had the audacity to keep working. "Doesn't he have enough money?" was his angry exclamation!

He was implying that Richard Branson kept working because he was a very greedy S.O.B., and needed a few more dollars in his bank account!

He thought, people only work for the money.

Of course, that's not true...

I am one of those who can never see myself "retiring", as long as my health holds out. I love the challenge of doing things...

I know I'm not the only one. I've heard many entrepreneurs say the same thing. Many are in it for the challenge... or the joy of doing what they love.

My personal view is that, retiring and doing "nothing" is probably bad for your health... We all like to feel useful in society... So, even if I was doing a regular job, and retired... If I didn't do some kind of business, I'd probably do volunteer work. I think it would be good for the body and soul...

Just a quick, rant, off on a tangent...

Best wishes,

Dien