View Single Post
Old June 29, 2011, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Default First, put DRIVE by Daniel Pink on your reading list...

Hopefully, you've already read A Whole New Mind by him.

Here's a Gordonesque cryptic translation of both Forde's ezine and Pink's book.

The carrot and stick approach to motivation doesn't work well in today's world.

Build in Autonomy, Mastery and PURPOSE in your products/services for today's market.

There was a time when we would cut out pictures of mansions and cars and exotic vacations and fire our flames of DESIRE, the first ingredient in Napoleon Hill's famous Think And Grow Rich book.

Tony Robbins taught us that you have to WANT something badly, you have to imagine it, eat, drink and breathe as if you already own and let the magic of nature bring it to you...

Nature, we were taught, cannot ignore our deepest wants and desires.

Turns out they may have been right, but got it wrong about trying to create those desires for materialistic things as the way to achieving success.

According to Pink and I agree with him, we are happier and even reach greater financial and material success when we DON'T pursue it...but rather pursue our own autonomy, our own mastery and identify and live our purpose, whatever we decide that is going to be.

In my coaching programs, one week or one year ones, I have a process much written about here; hotsheet, white paper, report.

And a visual technique, a white board, to draw the view from the rooftop, in step by step fashion.

Build in the intrinsic desires into what you offer to this generation and maybe your efforts will begin to rocket to the moon.

In DRIVE, Pink has a list of must read books found in Part III The Type One Toolkit section of his book.

OH, when was the last time you visited your library and went to sections 158 and 153 (Dewey Decimal System)...you'll find GOLD on the shelves.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. I have a two-three month no cost Square One Workshops workshop in which I'm looking for people to help me clearly identify some of these hidden/intrinsic needs on the 5 paths of life. Shoot me an email if you might be interested.