View Single Post
Old February 9, 2019, 01:29 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default International business problems...

I've been involved in more international business over the last 3 years, compared to prior to that...

One thing I did was, with a business partner, we registered a company in Hong Kong (I own 50% of the company, and my partner owns the other 50%)...

However, due to other circumstances, we've actually done nothing with it. (One thing it was a plan for was a "stepping stone" to the market in China, though also, due to circumstances since then, that's now less attractive! Though that's not the main reason nothing has happened with this company, as there are other circumstances too... It was one component of a more complex plan which didn't end up working out...)

Now I have to do a tax return (Hong Kong taxes are due on Feb 11), since the company hasn't done anything (no revenue or profits), it should be easy. However, I'm not sure how to do it... So I have to spend part of this weekend figuring out how to do Hong Kong company tax returns...

So, this Hong Kong company is a drain on both my money and time...

Be grateful it's not you!

Not fun... Ah well, I guess it comes with the territory... Not everything always works out...!

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. Don't worry, I still do good... This was just a part of what I'm doing - not every plan works, that's part of real life...