View Single Post
Old July 6, 2009, 10:08 PM
-TW

Default TOTALLY SUDDEN (+ troublesome) mindset shift - anyone else?

I'm not really sure why I'm posting this here. Maybe what I really need is a shrink.

In the last few hours, I've essentially become someone else.

Everything is the opposite of what it was. Down is up and vice versa.

One way to describe it is, sudden onset paranoia -- mainly having to do with the business side of things. I no longer trust anyone.

My belief if 'entrepreneurial stuff' isn't just shaken -- it's been SHATTERED! (again, suddenly)

Everything I trusted + believed in + STRIVED FOR, now seems like a pile of manure -- to be shunned.

What were my "peeps," I now see as more or less a bunch of slick, self-serving hucksters -- or even con artists.

What I once saw as a vast field of possibilities (biz-wise), I now see as a bogus bunch of bubbles + illusions.

Before I trusted EVERYONE -- now I trust NO ONE (biz wise).

The shift happened all within the last few hours -- as the (seeming) result of (yet another) potential customer bailing out of a project... oh, and a flurry of attempts at some other biz projects that failed.

From my "new" point of view, I see that those projects were just fantasies in my mind -- all kept afloat by my own thinking (ONLY) -- in other words, just a 'legend in my own mind.' The rest of the world being totally unaware that I even exist.

What worries me is, this is not like me. I'm usually the "get up and keep going" type of guy. I usually trust EVERYONE and EVERYTHING.

Now the opposite is true.

Am I suddenly recognizing INSANITY (in others) all around me? -- Or was I sane before, and now I've become the insane one? Did I just LEAVE the insane club, or have I just JOINED it?

Is (almost blind) belief in "entrepreneurial stuff" a motivational blessing -- or a POISON?!?

Anyone else experience this sudden mind shift before?

And, if so, did you ever recover -- and how did you recover?

-- TW

PS: I've also lost my sense of humor, suddenly. I can't bring myself to 'rely on the kindness of strangers,' as before. The world looks like a giant self-serving PRISON YARD to me, right now. It went from being a happy place, to being a very dangerous place. It's all I can do to post this message here.