View Single Post
Old August 23, 2008, 06:09 PM
MichaelRoss

Default The best Pos Vac website for Oz

Go to the website http://www.careerone.com.au and do a search.

Just visiting the site shows you a Run Down List of Available Jobs.

But understand, these aren't all jobs that are Truly available or which can be had.

For example. The Co I work for recently added some new guys. About four in the last couple of weeks. One of them a 56 year young fellow. Who told me, he'd been trying to get work where he lives - a 1.5+ drive north of the city. But kept getting all kinds of Reasons why he couldn't be hired. As he told me the Reasons I could see the Real reason was... age-ism. He's deemed too old.

Of course, you cannot tell someone that because it's Age Discrimination. So they give other BS reasons.

Anyway. Our Co Never advertises. So all the new guys were guys who called in off the street. Or like this guy... made a phone call.

If you look through Career One for all kinds of things like Drivers, Forklift, Labour, etc., you'll see Plenty of work. Excavator Cos have a hard time finding people. One transport co I know just leaves a sign on their fence "drivers wanted".

The Co I mentioned before, Kenny Constructions, never advertisers and gets their guys through word of mouth.

Anyway. For those interested, check out Career One. It's an interesting Research Tool.

Michael Ross