View Single Post
Old December 30, 2007, 03:39 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: and How To SPOT Your Own Opportunities!!

Hi Duane,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Adolph View Post
...We don't CREATE opportunity, instead we SPOT opportunity.
But what if you were BLIND to them??

Dien,

Thanks for this reference. I had never heard of Prof. Wiseman's work until I read it in your newsletter and then on this board.

Phil Thanks for the Time Saving Links. I didn't have to hunt this information down.

Dien this "Luck Spotting process" is similar to certain "Success List" process of Mr. Lichtman :->
You're right - there are similarities! Thanks for pointing that out!

(The only difference I think is that Mr. Lichtman also talks about writing down "failures" - so you can try to avoid them - whereas Richard Wiseman specifically said in the talk I attended to NOT write down "bad things"...)

By the way, Lichtman has some great stuff... I gotta get back to doing it, since it's very powerful!

Quote:
I will use this process more diligently going forward.

Along with Luck Wiseman brings his work into a business context when he discusses Opportunities.

Did anyone else SPOT this article on Wiseman's site???

I just read Wiseman's Forbes article on "Why some people SPOT opportunities and others don't"

http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/...09wiseman.html

You can also give YOURSELF a quick 3:09 minute demonstration of the principles Wiseman discusses by watching this Video now

The Color Changing card trick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voAntzB7EwE

After watching the Above, you will see PROOF that you may not be spotting anything at all :->
Thanks for those links too! He has some great stuff on video...

(Not all of it is about "luck" - since some of it is about his other research - but all of it is entertaining!)
Quote:
Dien Thanks again I really appreciate this post.

Let's Get Luckier and start Spotting More Opportunities in 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR SOWPUBBERS
I'm looking forward to a "luckier" 2008 too!

(Things are already heading that way, so I'm looking forward for the trend to continue!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR Duane and everyone!

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : December 30, 2007 at 04:00 PM.