View Single Post
Old December 14, 2006, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Default Here's what one lady did with her laminator...

She made signs.

From her basement "shop", she would make the weekly special signs used by Finley Fine Jewelry, who at that time had the jewelry kiosk in O'Neils (today a May Co.).

Many of the "departments" in a department store are leased, and sometimes they use the store's sign shop, or they opt to get signs done cheaper on their own.

These laminated signs slide into sign holders that sit on the counters, or next to the shoes, or what have you.

Visit the nearest mall or plaza and ask store managers who makes their signs. Do a little investigation, a little research, check Yellow Pages, and the Unique part of her business was that she COULD make signs quickly in case of an "emergency" and if you've been in retail, then you know there is always an emergency.

So, check out being a Sign Maker...and one of these days, I'll have the Square One Workshops laminated too...

IF you'd like to receive a few HOTSHEETS to play with, send me an email at [email protected] and I'll send you a few of my more popular ones that people have actually PAID for...just to give you some more laminating ideas.

Gordon Jay Alexander

PS. These HOTSHEETS are in pdf files, so you could just print them out, and I use different color paper, I think laminated, they would be awesome.