View Single Post
Old June 21, 2018, 12:46 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Thanks for the awesome business ideas, to be your own boss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
New book, THE CREATIVE CURVE by Allen Gannett, a good read, good practical advice.

OLD book, picked up at library discard cart: THE BEST HOME BUSINESSES FOR THE 90s by Paul and Sarah Edwards. Those guys are awesome.

So I picked up this book with the idea of seeing what they suggested in 1991, a PRE Internet time for most people. Compared to today, small numbers of people had computers, modems, fax machines which were required for many of the businesses in their book. I had a computer at home since 1985, blinking green text on black. YIKES. Before the incredible invention of the 3.5 floppy disc.

Anyhow, here are a few tid-bits. I tried to find their highest income ideas, to the lowest cost, to the easiest to operate, etc.
Thanks Gordon - this is really good info!

I always loved these books... including also Tyler Hicks, Jay Conrad Levinson got into the game before the Guerrilla Marketing stuff, George Haylings, and a whole bunch of others...

I think - when you're stuck with a boss you don't like, in a job you detest - it's the dream of being your own boss...

Once you're "in it" - you get to know a lot of other entrepreneurs... It is a different kind of existence. They're (we're) a breed apart...

Thanks for the great info ... and the walk down memory lane...

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. I still save interesting REAL business ideas (that people are doing) when I find them... I should post some more of the ones I find here...

P.P.S. I'm still active in the background... Just successfully got some media coverage for one of the bands I'm managing...