View Single Post
Old June 28, 2018, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Default The secret society of sowpub PAY your dues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
I grew up watching the TV show Happy Days... My dad loved it, because it reminded him of his childhood in the 1950s.

In several episodes, Howard Cunningham (Ritchie's dad) was shown to be a member of the "Leopard Lodge" - a fraternal brotherhood, with all its social aspects and secret rituals...

That's what I thought of when I came across this article which said that the Elks Lodge is growing...!

(New World Orders, https://www.buzzfeed.com/annehelenpe...w-world-orders )

Which brings me to another related aspect...

A friend of mine seems to have awesome contacts. He and I have a business together (with a few others involved too)... And he always seems to have amazing contacts with various CEOs of useful companies for our business...

About a month ago, I quizzed him on how he got such contacts.

With a straight face, he said... I'm a Freemason.

I said, for real?

And he said, yes...

I think he was serious. Apparently, being a Freemason was a good source of amazing contacts for him... Other Freemasons would also introduce him to the people he wanted to get in touch with.

So, there you go...

Fraternal lodges could be back, baby...

Best wishes,

Dien

If you want the hat, and secret handshake, then PAY YOUR DUES and we (well I, Dien has nothing to do with this, {and he grins thankfully} this is all me)...

but send your DUES via PayPal, and I'll initiate you into the SSSowPub, there will be a ritual ({in my best Kevin Bacon voice: "please sir may I have another) an Animal House reference).

Yes, women (with money) allowed, men must own gold.

So far, Me, Spanky, Alfalfa, Buckwheat and Mrs. Crabtree are IN. You? HA!

Gordon