View Single Post
Old July 15, 2018, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default We may have a STAR WARS on our hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

Thanks! I love your approach to marketing...

I especially love the "preoccupational interrupter" concept...

I have to agree that #1 and #2 are pretty dang important. You have to know who your target market is, and how to interact with them, at a low enough cost!

If the cost of interacting is too high - you won't make money...

But, tools like Facebook help you figure this out...

A few years ago, people were (and probably still are) using Google ads this way... Ads on search terms.

If you were selling a report on how to mow lawns for money, you could select your audience by the keywords and phrases they typed in... Such as "how to mow lawns" or words like "lawns" and "money"... Or even be creative, and try "gardening" (thinking that people interested in gardening, might want to mow lawns for money)...

Test things out, and see what works.

Facebook is a little different, but you can target in many different ways. You can choose their interests (indicated by which groups they've joined), along with their age group, their gender, where they live, and any intersection of all these categories...

I've been doing quite a bit of Facebook marketing lately, and I believe I've developed some expertise. Once you know what you're doing, and if you have a good product, it can be profitable. It gets more profitable as time goes by, because you "hone in" on what's working...

I mention this, because this is ALL about #1 (your target) in your list, and is a way to improve your "honing in" on who your target should be!

Sometimes, you get surprised... Targets you think should react, don't. But that's okay, because then you just cut them out and save your ad dollars, and improve your profit...

Facebook is a powerful tool... No wonder Mark Zuckerberg is contemplating becoming president! If Facebook can (arguably) be used to make Trump president, what about the guy who owns the tool itself! Facebook knows what you like, so anyone can tell anyone else what they want to hear... That's the prescription to get elected...

Best wishes,

Dien
Thanks Dien,

One of the collaborators pointed out, my number one first step, is probably more like the 3rd step, just as Star Wars started with the 4th episode.

He pointed out, step one comes after making a decision to DO something.

And I agree 100%. So maybe those 7 Steps are 4 -10?

Step one being: WHAT DO YOU WANT and Why? (The ol SQ1 MANTRA).

Making that decision when it comes to business opportunity is often the first hurdle someone has to jump over.

And BEFORE that, maybe there should be some research, some roof top view of all the opportunity one has. Probably some self awareness, some knowing of aptitude, and what skills and talents one has.

Or lacks. And some sort of education to gain those skills lacking.

If anyone has 12 steps, or 15, feel free to post what you think comes before Step One? OK?

Thanks to those early guys, the COLLABORATORS, who have already given such great feedback and are throwing darts at the board. Maybe one or two will stick and we'll actually do something.

Gordon