View Single Post
Old July 8, 2019, 11:22 PM
Rick

Default Re: Thanks Dien, but...this isn't for everybody or just anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Thanks Rick, I'd love to talk to you soon.

You are one of a few people who saw my collection and those now ancient ads I did for Ben and others.

What is different about MY course is: each one is slightly customized by the answers to a few questions. Then I customize the booklet, and the cards.

See, what I learned long ago, there isn't just ONE way or formula to write copy, once one has studied the field, it becomes almost easy to recognize who the writer was, we each have our own voice.

I think most could tell a Gary Halbert ad from a Ben Suarez ad, albeit, Ben was the student at one time and did heed Sir Gary's advice.

AT SCI, there were several mid six figure copywriters and a couple of 7 figure ones too, and each one had a distinct voice.

I think the new copywriter today tries to "swipe" and paste and it takes them a long time to find their own voice, if they don't give up first, which most do (and probably should).

Telling a story in your own voice, and once in awhile coloring outside the lines becomes BREAKTHROUGH, other wise, we'd all be reading letters like those written by Robert Collier back in his day. Those ancient voices resonated with their times, but as my buddy* would sing...

"the times, they are a changing".

*buddy only by astral meetings.

Gordon

And I considered it a privilege to see your collection of ads. I remember some of them. I have a few in my collection but nothing nearly as extensive as what you have.

I have some old JS&A (Joe Sugarman for those of you not familiar with JS&A), some SCI ads from their USA Today runs, some Chase Revell ads, some of Dan Kennedy's best work from when he wrote those ads with Jeff Paul (10X better than what they put out today), some of Halbert's best stuff, Ted Thomas, Ted Nicholas, and too many others to mention.

But I was never on the inside like you were at SCI. That information is priceless. And yes. I do want to chat. I was gonna send you an email with my cell number but I didn't do it yet. I'll do it tomorrow.

Rick