> issue, but I personally have no problems
> admitting when I'm wrong, or backing off
> when I encounter a no-win situation. I find
> some men often feel they need to prove a
> point or be seen as always right. My
> feelings always are, in the final analysis,
> who really cares and why is it so important
> to be seen as the winner?

Elizabeth... Actually, I agree with you.... My impressions are that men, in general, tend to often be competing with each other and trying to "best" each other.... To some men, almost everything is a competition....

My impression is that women are more focused in doing what needs to be done and building the right relationships, and sometimes all this emphasis on "competition" men often have can actually get in the way.... Especially in business. I think good business is about long-term relationships, and many women in general are good at that....

I don't remember now exactly where I read it, but I read somewhere that significantly more businesses started by women succeed their first couple of years than businesses started by men. I'll have to see if I can find any statistics.... If that's accurate, then men definitely need to be learning something from women! Clearly the more relationship-orientation of women is something men ought to learn from....

I find this whole topic fascinating, actually....

> My favourite line in a no-win situation is
> "I never argue when I know I'm
> right." I've never tried this line in
> an online situation, unless I know the
> person fairly well. But, I've tried this
> with family and friends, and it always
> leaves them so stumped and amazed, the
> argument usually ends in an uproar of
> laughter.

Heheh, Elizabeth.... That sounds like an excellent reply. There's no way to answer to that! :)

I loved your post! :)

Dien