View Single Post
Old July 16, 2018, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Default As a former gold miner in the Phoenix area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Wow, this is great stuff, Gordon!

What I like is that you're not only honing in on the target market, but honing in on the product to create for them, too...

The first product you think of may not be the best. For the "law of attraction" market, I might first think - create a book. Or an audio book.

But not think of a daily planner...

This is gold (for those who recognize it)...

Best wishes,

Dien

Most of the time, IF I ever had a chunk of gold in my pan, I wouldn't have seen it. Not like the movies, where the gold/diamond finds are sparkly and shiny objects.

Like you, my first thought was a book, but that is a glutted market, really, unless you have something new to add to the body of work.

Calendars, get used up. Get a new one next year. And by appearances, the whole calendar/PLANNER industry is alive and well.

And that was just as an example. But the steps and processes work for a lot of things. Get your band to autograph a CD, or guitar...and offer on eBay, with the right COPY, it wouldn't be about the auction, but some free press for the band.

What attracts attention, maybe an outrageous price, like 25k includes a sit in session, or something pr worthy.

Thanks, glad you found something useful.

Gordon

PS. Imagine if in 1963, you got to sit in with a little group called the Beatles, and they each autographed a guitar and you have a video of that??? Well, most bands never reach that status, but many have avid followers and collectors. I think bands maybe like painters (artists), the early patrons are both supporters and speculators.

Wish I had my Jerry Garcia green leather jacket. HA!

Last edited by GordonJ : July 16, 2018 at 02:15 PM.