View Single Post
Old November 19, 2000, 03:58 PM
Peter G. Browne

Default Re: Internet....You Don't Know What You Are.

In having read the posts here I see a definite trend that I always try to avoid and spend time educating my own clients in how to make a website work and how to work with the website.
The posts so far have been long to say the least, but informative, that's for sure.
There is one important detail I would just like to add. I have seen it implied, but to come right out and say it.. "Pay attention to details", miss the smallest detail and you loose a certain credibility with the potential viewer. I say potential because a classic example of detail was missed in the original post that started this thread. In posting, we all include a link or we try to include a link to our websites. As an example here, try the link left in Richard's post and ask yourself, "Is the Internet failing us or are we shooting ourselves in the foot by not paying attention?"
Q: Is this a significant point?
A: Only if you are wanting to succeed.
It makes no difference that you might be making a lot of sense with what you say, if you send your potential viewer to a dead link or a mistyped link the Internet did not fail... YOU did.
It all boils down to basic credibility.
Just my small addition to all of this.
Peter G. Browne

Website Hosting & Design With More Than Just Bells And Whistles