View Single Post
Old April 12, 2007, 08:13 AM
SteveSki

Default Hey Don that reminds me of one of the best days of my life...

As a photographer I’m usually the one shooting the photos and I haven’t had a lot of photos taken of myself up to now. But one of my favourite ones was taken while rafting in the Pocono mountains
back in the spring of 88.

I had just taken a job selling Time Shares at Split Rock Resort and on my first day there I turned a hat trick by selling each of my 3 ups that day for full price. I didn’t know that I was only supposed to warm them up and turn them over to a closer. When I took them back to the Awards Center I told them the full price and told them to write me a $100 check for a good faith deposit and didn’t find out until the next day that that I was supposed to wait for a closer to drop the price by $2500.

Anyway they rewarded me that week with a white “Bear of The Week” T-shirt and a free rafting trip with other sales reps who had won one of the many sales contests that spring.

Well I had been rafting before and knew how cold the water was that time of year so when the bus dropped us at the rafting lodge I rented myself a wetsuit. I was the only bloke in the raft along with 11 gals.

I knew where the photographer would be waiting for us just after the first rapids so I positioned myself in the left center of the raft. The river is fed by the Bear Creek Dam and they had released the gates that day so the rapids were extra rough and everyone got soaking wet. Me in my blue wet suit surrounded by 11 young pretty girls in white, very wet “cold” T-shirts. That picture is one of my personal treasures!

Cheers,
Steve Shulenski
www.PetPhotoBiz.com

Last edited by GordonJ : April 12, 2007 at 10:51 AM.