View Single Post
Old April 10, 2015, 12:09 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Getting business stuff done - the Power of Routines...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryny View Post
Hey Palmanator,

I've been using a similar index card system for several years. I think you're completely spot on with why this system works.

You summed up the foundation very nicely right here:
"I just "get through the cards" - one step (card) at a time - and at the end of the day - if I executed the task on each card - it doesn't matter if I did it at 10 o'clock or 2 o'clock - hope that makes sense."
This makes absolute perfect sense.

If you have a project you want to complete, you need to spend time on it. Probably daily, or just about.

If you can simply commit to pulling out a project card and doing one small block of time on whatever is listed on one of your cards, you're making progress.

Ignore your cards for a period, and you're letting your project slip away from you.

Below is a link to an excerpt of a report I wrote recently, which includes my "Project Cards" system. I think you'll find it interesting and hopefully helpful.

[url]http://www.outsizedresponse.com/SOWPub/ProjectCards.pdf[/url
Hi Rob,

Thanks for sharing your card system! You know why?

It really looks like a great system for keeping yourself "on track" with projects!

Kind of like a modified check-list system, but which keeps track of time, too... Which sometimes you gotta do...

I'm going to try it out.

Thanks!

Best wishes,

Dien