View Single Post
Old July 10, 2015, 08:40 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default "How to hold a crocodile"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
Dien
I love this stuff. I am a big fan of magic tricks and illusions and objects inside bottles is one of my favorites. You know those model ships inside bottles/
The masts collapse, they put the boat in the bottle then pull the masts upright using a string. But can anyone guess how they get a real apple inside a bottle that clearly cannot fit through the neck of the bottle?
10 points will be awarded the most correct answer.
Hi Trevor,

I think they put the bottle on the branch before the fruit has grown, yes?

I actually remember reading about this once... It might have been in a weird and wonderful book I had years ago, "How to hold a crocodile." It was full of offbeat and fun "how to" facts!

(I had the earlier B&W edition from 1981... I see the newer 2003 edition has color pictures! )

Best wishes,

Dien

P.S. There could be a "How to hold a crocodile"-like opportunity here. From what I see, the 2003 edition is essentially the same as the 1981 edition, except they added color.

That means a lot of fascinating topics aren't covered... Opportunity for a new version of a similar book? With modern "how to" topics like... "How to survive when your smartphone battery is dead, and you didn't bring your charger!"