View Single Post
Old November 9, 2022, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Some rocking chair thoughts about STORED VALUE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
Thanks.
You've given me a good kick in the pants concerning all stuff I have created over the years to help performers.
Instead of trying to sell ALL my stuff in one BIG package for a nice payday, I like the idea of just getting stuff moving.
Sure, I have a lot of stored value.
Sure, I've got a LOT of stuff.
But, better to get things moving here and there, right now, than putter about trying to sell the "BIG" one.

You are not alone Millard, in fact, I think you might have many a kindred spirit here.

Before I trimmed my lists, I had over 10k+ buyers. Now, combined with Dien's list maybe only a few thousand?
And those few thousand will buy a report for 7 here, 10 there, and occasional 19 and every so often a 97 dollar report that I offer to those on my lists as well as new folk. My best sellers, wouldn't get anyone too excited...but those loyal buyers, some over 25 years now, apparently feel for my small no brainer change, these little ditties are worth it, if for no other reason to find out what my brain is looking at.

Now, I ask you, the big YOU, the group you, although Millard that would include you too...

What could you do with a list of 1000 buyers who bought from you 5 times a year?

And so what if your first product, maybe a 7 bucker, brings in only 98 bux, or a lousy 14 sales, a dismal waste of time, eh? Well, I saw that as 14 new names on my list, and almost immediately sent them another gift for free, a report that sold for 25...slowly, but because it was regular, at least every other month, those lists did exactly as Jim Straw told me they would...

Eat the peanuts on the bar, and order some drinks to wash them down.

The lifetime value of my avg. customer is around 250 and that is the avg.

So, imagine if you will taking the two or three years, as that is how long we have talked about bringing stuff to the market...that YOU the general and M.G. if you had 1000 names, a paltry amount, a measly sum, a ridiculous amount of small potatoes when compared to real IMers...imagine you had that list and they had a lifetime value of 250?

Then consider what someone who actually tries could do with a list of 10k on it.

I have eaten a lot of those elephants over the years, bite by bite...and then, when I had an overload of work, I jettisoned my worst customers and held onto and tried to serve them well...so they could keep sending bits and bits of cash, every time I requested it...

Make offers. Even little ones. Then serve up more and more.

As a PS idea, even though I've had bigger and some big ticket items in my offers...I'm content with tiny brooks, ever running tributaries pouring into the
streams which then add to a slow moving, but constant, reliable river of income.

ONE thing, even a HOTSHEET, one name on a list, then double that.

Gordon