View Single Post
Old June 29, 2011, 10:59 AM
Work Satisfaction

Default Re: Excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
right on Ankesh.

The only problem is...and I've seen this time after time, person after person...most skip over this SQUARE ONE principle and don't really know who they are or what they want.

Know yourself first.

So few really do, therefore, they are handicapped right out of the gate.

And er to paraphrase Robert Burns the poet;

I what gift our gawdie give us, to see ourselves as others see us.

Knowing who you are, what you want and WHY the real YOU wants it is the foundation of almost all success achieved through planning and execution.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Gordon, I could not agree more!

Many people sadly go through their entire lives as chameleons- changing their colours and adapting to what they think others expect of them.

In so doing we never truly take the time to get to know our true selves, our needs and our desires.

Granted, we are often told that in order to be truly successful we need to find others who are already succeeding at what we wish to do, learn from them and emulate their success. The question however is, how will we know who to emulate if we have not truly taken the time to get to know ourselves.

The greatest gift we can ever give ourselves is to truly know and believe in ourselves and in our own abilities, instead of trying indefinately to live in the image of how someone else may expect us to live.

When you truly know yourself, it is far easier to believe in your own abilities and that in my mind is at least half the barrier to success removed from our paths.