View Single Post
Old July 17, 2007, 07:21 PM
Sandi Bowman

Talking Re: MORE under the radar people...they do FLY LOW and Collect Dough...who knew?

Oh, goody....one of my favorite yuck topics...spiders etc...

Seriously, I hope you'll be fine, Gordon...whatever it is/was. One of the worst is the funnel spider as far as being venemous. It can kill an adult...so, if you see a funnel shaped web, don't touch! They hunker down in the innards and rush out whenever something disturbs their 'nest'. They're very fast!

Another possibility is that it is a tick bite. Some are really nasty and carry Lyme disease. Some can get pretty ugly and then suddenly rupture and heal up...but, if they carried Lyme Disease, ( a bullseye and then a red ring around it is what to look for) you still need to get treated for the Lyme Disease even if everything appears okay. Lyme goes dormant oftentimes and flares down the road making one very ill.

Scorpions...yuck! They love to get into shoes and boots so dump them out! When we were first married, we lived on an old farm that had tons of them. Lee knew I hated them so he told me they were just potato bugs...and then he'd dispose of them. I knew better but went along since I hated crunching them under my boot or 'handling' them to flush them.

Did you know tarantulas can jump straight up to a height of six feet? True. They're actually pretty peaceful spiders. Tarantula Hawks, a type of wasp so I was told, kill tarantulas, drag them into a hole, and lay their eggs on them so young can feast when they hatch.

Enough already! LOL

Sandi Bowman