View Single Post
Old December 18, 2007, 04:43 PM
Jason Hatchett

Default Re: should i stay or should I go

Carpet Cleaning in my town is very competitive. There are about 80 or 90 companies and every spring I see 10 to 15 new carpet cleaning vans running around and by winter most are gone.

I used to work for Servpro, Coit & Color Master carpet cleaning. Servpro makes most of their money in water & fire damage. Coit is also a national company. I was friends with the owner and he said he was barely making $5 an hour, he worked 12 to 15 hours a day. He has since sold it and moved to California. Color master is a local company who’s been around for 30 years. He said when he started they did very well. But as more and more people got into the business, his business went down and down. His son now runs it and they just barley get by. A one man operation is just another job for the owner.

I’m not saying you can’t make good money in carpet cleaning but you need to have 3 to 5 vans running full time if you want to make a 6 figure income. It’s just another saturated market that people think they can get into easily, but to sustain it is a lot of work.

Thank You,
Jason Hatchett