View Single Post
Old March 20, 2021, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default Best lesson I learned from Bill Myers was...

How to make a lot of money? Bill had a method. It worked.

Sell what you are LEARNING how to do.

Simple. Succinct. SUCCESSFUL!!

From his Direct Mail Bootcamps to the Black Box and the many NEWSLETTERS he produced over the years...Bill would learn how to do something and video his learning process, so, he created products as he actually DID THEM. Or he would buy a product and show you how to use it, like a GreenScreen or something.

He was ahead of the times, and VIDEO, now more than ever, is still one of the best ways any us could profit from.

I think his PROMOTIONS were some of the best copy written, and once he distanced himself from the Direct Marketing crowd, it got even better, creating the VEND O MATIC and simple copy to sell a myriad of products.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
Going back to the mid 90's Bill offered a workshop to be held in Arkansas for newsletters...and I jumped at the opportunity.

One of the first things he had everyone do was to write a promotional piece (as Gordon is suggesting here) for the newsletter they were wanting to publish. At the end of the time frame given he called each person to the front of the classroom and silently read their work...then critiqued them aloud. Some were pretty brutal.

When my name was called I walked up and handed my copy to Bill...he looked me straight in the eye and then read.

With bated breath I waited not knowing what to expect. After completing the read Bill looked at me and said 5 beautiful words - "Shannon said you could write" (Shannon being Bill's wife at that time), and handed me back my copy.

The result of that workshop and Bill's words...it started my writing career.