View Single Post
Old February 12, 2002, 12:18 PM
Anya

Default Free Publicity for "nothing special"

Hi everybody....

I haven't posted much here lately but I've been lurking and as usual, continually inspired by your posts.

Here's a unique problem for you - my son's website, International Cool Kids (link below) will be the recipient of tons of free publicity tomorrow. As it happens, the Vancouver Province Newspaper chooses a list of B.C. websites that they like, and posts the list with a short description of each site, every Wednesday. Well, that's tomorrow, and yesterday they emailed me to say this site will be featured in the list!

This same scenario happened for my own website, www.seatoskyzine.com last spring, and the traffic it generated was amazing, and carried on for weeks afterward.

So my question is, how do I make the best of this free publicity? Really, IMHO, this little site is nothing really special - it's just a simple site with some home-made pages with games, jokes, quizzes, etc. with lots of links to favorite sites. I do have an affiliate "Poster Store" on the site, so there is potential to hopefully make some $$ from this, but I'm wondering if there is more I could do to maximize on this.

Any ideas?

International Cool Kids - FUN for the whole family!