View Single Post
Old September 6, 2006, 07:42 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: A Great Man???

Hi Michael,

Thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelRoss View Post
He was Not a Great Man, he was just a man, like you, me, anyone. In fact, there are other Men who we will never know, who are Much greater.

I agree with this. Probably the "greatest" people are not publicly well-known figures.

Quote:
They do not put on fake enthusiasm everytime the camera is on them, and jump around like they've had too much coffee.

Your comment may or may not be a comment on Steve Irwin. Obviously, I didn't know Steve Irwin personally, so I can only comment on what I've heard, but I've read comments of those who knew him say that he had the same "hyper" personality when the cameras were off.

(Some people are just "hyper" - I once worked with a guy who was naturally "hyper" pretty much all the time.)

Quote:
The poster who mentioned the FedEx ad... it's these kinds of things I dislike about people acting in a way in which they sustain injuries. Christopher Reeve, Steve Irwin. Their lives following their rolls?

Yeah, I don't really "pity" him because he died, or because of the way he died. I kind of think if he was going to die, he would probably want to die along the lines of the way he did. I guess I had a respect for his apparent love and enthusiasm for what he was doing - and how he wanted to share it with others! He was doing that (via the zoo) even before he was doing it through the TV cameras... Just with the TV cameras, he was able to "share his enthusiasm" with a much wider audience...

- Dien